Xone Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Products » Xone:92
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedShould I get the rotary or linear 92?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djarago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 6:29am
That's definately good advice for those who have rotaries and may want to cut.

For those who have linear and would like to rotate a knob for volume changes, use the channel gain (I know its not really the same, but I like to do it occasionally for some odd reason).

PeteJames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeteJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 7:15pm
Is the rotary response really smooth and linear all the way from 0 to 10 then?
I'm not liking the slipperness of the faders or the curve on the line version :(
For a mixer that cost a grand, pretty horrible combination IMO
solacevip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solacevip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2012 at 4:02am
I'm finally doing the switch and changing my linear xone 92 for a rotary one. I can't wait to try this out.
solacevip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solacevip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2012 at 4:46am
Finally got it....my lord. Where have you been all my life?
Local Underground View Drop Down
Junior
Junior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Local Underground Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2012 at 3:04pm
there will be no need to choose, if you get a DB4;) last firmware made it capable to switch, betwean linear and rotary.)
cheers!
simonk20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonk20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2013 at 8:06am
Originally posted by denats denats wrote:

That would be cool if you could swap between rotary and fader.

Does anyone know if the rotary has a linear volume curve or is it similar to the fader in that the volume gets significantly louder in the last 20%?

you can fix this by soldering a 47K resistor between pins 1 & 3 on each fader, giving the fader a smooth curve
100% analogue
jaysismyson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaysismyson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2013 at 10:15am
it would certainly be possible to mod your xone if you're comfortable with that sort of thing... actually you could probably mod the linear faders to give you a diff response if you dont like how it ramps up at the end.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OmnilimbO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2013 at 10:36pm
Having owned both the linear and the rotary... I would vote for the rotary version. Firstly, the rotary pots are insanely solid, feeling like something you would find in a tank.... and the action is just so smooth and clean feeling too. But it really all comes down to personal preference and style. I'd say if you do a lot of scratching and cuts, linear is better suited for that, but otherwise go for the R.
goodboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2014 at 8:10am
Think I'll stick with what Fut 14 Coins I know, and what I'm comfortable with, and buy a linear.
Darken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 5:26am
After owning the djm900nexus I went with the db4 3 months in. I've just traded my db4 for a mint condition made in UK xone92r + cash. I have to say, all the talk of the 92 is true--it's the best mixer, I don't think I ever need another mixer and if I do, it'll be the 92 again.

I'm really happy I went with the rotary edition, it's so much smoother and being able to tease in the next track with unmatched refinement brings new elements to my mixing.
Courage is the mastery of fear--not the absence of fear.
djbanno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djbanno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2014 at 2:05am
Originally posted by simonk20 simonk20 wrote:

Originally posted by denats denats wrote:

That would be cool if you could swap between rotary and fader.

Does anyone know if the rotary has a linear volume curve or is it similar to the fader in that the volume gets significantly louder in the last 20%?

you can fix this by soldering a 47K resistor between pins 1 & 3 on each fader, giving the fader a smooth curve

Can anyone else confirm this? (47K resistor), as this has caught my imagination...perhaps some form of mini external switch wired in series with said resistor allowing you to switch between volume fader curves as your mixing mood dictates...
It's always been about the music
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic