Xone Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Products » Xone:92
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAbleton live & Xone 92

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djarago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 2:22am
I'm actually going to be designing my own midi controller that will sit next to my xone:2 and be about as wide as 3 of the main channels. it will have a variety of sliders, knobs and buttons as well as be able to generate midi clock automatically (by analyzing the audio) or by a proper tap tempo (not like the only using 2 button presses like the 92 uses).

I'm designing this because I want more midi control than what the 92 offers, but there's nothing out there that fits my needs in terms of features, physical size and primarily, quality.

rengel View Drop Down
Junior
Junior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rengel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 2:27am
Xone 3D?
Skeyelab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skeyelab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 3:05am
i use the actual laptop keyboard to trigger clips, space bar to start stop. just like i actually touch my cd players and turntables to start and stop them.

i would prefer to use my xone92 and have an actual midi controller seperate. mainly because, i have never thought or wanted to controll a cd player from the mixer. why would the laptop be different.
rengel View Drop Down
Junior
Junior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rengel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 3:09am
The 3D will change all of that (triggering clips via a keyboard)..

Just saw some angles on the mixer I hadn't seen, WHY CAN'T THEY RELEASE IT NOW!!!

$3,999 US price tag? That's Over $4,200 Australian.
This might just be THE most expensive equipment piece I've ever owned.

http://www.futuremusic.com/news/october2005/xone3d.html
rengel View Drop Down
Junior
Junior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rengel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 3:09am
skey - have you got some pictures to show your setup?
very keen to see it..
axs460 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote axs460 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 3:44am
Good point Skeyelab. Thanks for all the help.
JohnDP View Drop Down
Junior
Junior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnDP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 8:36am
i got a letter from a UK Sales Rep from A&H and he told me that the beatmatching procedure is as follows:

1. tap the tempo usign TAP
2. then hit START
3. adjut using the DATA knob

Do i stand correct?
djarago View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djarago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 12:16pm
Yes, but here's what you need to understand. Rather than your continued tapping increasing the accuracy of the tempo by averaging many taps together, the xone:92 only counts the LAST TWO taps when calculating the tempo. This is horrible. Unless you're really good at tapping you're not going to get all that close with the tap tempo. The only good thing about this is that you only need to tap it twice to set the tempo.
Skeyelab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skeyelab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 6:11pm
i hated the xones tempo control, that why i got a redsound voyager.

this thing is great, i made a post about it in the 92 forum.
JohnDP View Drop Down
Junior
Junior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnDP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 6:56pm
i am since a few minutes a proud owner of a Xone 92 and a Firewire 410 but
i am STUPID and i left the store with 8 Jack-Jack cables instead of 8 Jack-
RCA cables and thus i cannot use it with my laptop!

How stupid is that? Now i have to wait till saturday till i can use it unless i go
out and buy 8 correct cables!
Skeyelab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skeyelab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 7:06pm
how far is this store? radio shack should have what you need. arent they close by?
JohnDP View Drop Down
Junior
Junior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnDP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 7:31pm
i will go to FNAC, i live in Paris.

Listen, i have the Xone MIDI out going into the 410 MIDI IN and this 410
by M-Audio is connected to my Powerbook with Ableton Live by means of
the Firewire cable. How can i assign MIDI buttons this way? I want to
assign for example the TEMPO ADJ to the upper left TAP button.

How can i do that? My Powerbook does recognize the Firewire 410.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks

JDP
Skeyelab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skeyelab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 8:19pm
just hook a midi cable from the midi out to the midi in on the 410.
JohnDP View Drop Down
Junior
Junior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnDP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2005 at 10:20pm
thats what i did, now, it works for the crossfader that i can indeed assign but
i cannot assign any other knob that sends midi data.

Strange?

JDP
Skeyelab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skeyelab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 7:22pm
hmmm
Skeyelab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skeyelab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 7:23pm
you have to turn on external sync in Ableton. you set which input will recieve the sync signal in your preferences, then, you click the "EXT" button
JohnDP View Drop Down
Junior
Junior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnDP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 10:15pm
thanks, i figured that out and it works, its just that the TEMPO ADJ knob is a
bit harsh and not very responsive, i.e. it has a lag.

Anybody?
Skeyelab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skeyelab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 11:19pm
ill re post what i had said earlier in this thread...

ok... after reading the manual... here it is...

The tempo button is by default set to fine tune the LFO2's tempo. In order to correctly use the Tempo knob to control live.. you need to open your mixer and change a jumper, very very easy task.

Download the current manual from the 92's site and see pages 36-38. the mod you need to do is to change the part that speaks of "Tempo/Data controller default"
pickitup13 View Drop Down
Junior
Junior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pickitup13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 11:35pm
this is an awesome discussion we have going =). I'm sure it will be useful
when I get ableton. We should sticky this or something (if thats possible)
djarago View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djarago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2005 at 3:19am
stuck
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic