Xone Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Products » Xone:DB4
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Macbook Pro Retina USB 3.0 Issues FIXED !!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankkvitta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Macbook Pro Retina USB 3.0 Issues FIXED !!!
    Posted: 13July2012 at 3:03pm
Hey everybody,

i just got a Macbook Pro Retina with USB 3.0 ports and realized that ALL USB 2.0 devices like K2, DB4, DB2 and other brands just don´t work with the brand new mac.

The problem is easy. As the macbook pro retina got USB 3.0 ports, they don´t switch automatically to 2.0 when you plug in your devices. This issue should be fixed very soon by Apple etc. very soon.

The retina books are delivered with the OS 10.7.4, and 10.7.3 does´t have the issue. So we took the firmware of the USB drivers of 10.7.3 and overwrite the 10.7.4 firmware with a Kext program to the old firmware. Of course your newer firmware will be backed up. I think nobody should have any problem without 3.0 as there is no device yet supporting 3.0 ! Also as the issue is fixed with some updates soon we can just install it again ;)

But of course, we can´t wait that long as we need our equipment every weekend. Or some everyday ;)

So what do we do ?

Follow this small tutorial and downgrade your USB firmware to 2.0 (apr. 5 min of time needed)

Here's a link to the Kext file of 10.7.3 with the USB 2.0 drivers http://db.tt/Mn73OHIL

Here's where to download the Kext Wizard to overwrite the 3.0 to 2.0 files http://cl.ly/7wSR

1) Launch Kext Wizard
2) Select the Installation tab
3) Click Browse and select the Kext file from the folder it was downloaded to
4) Check mark "backup kexts that will be replaced" This option will place a folder on your desktop of the USB 3.0 compatible Kext
5) Be sure the System/Library/Extentions folder is selected as the destination
6) Click Install and wait for the message saying it has completed
7) reboot your system

I hope this helps and let me know if you have questions :)

regards

frank

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic