Xone Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Products » Xone:92
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedProblems with cue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lumi387 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems with cue
    Posted: 22 October 2012 at 7:04pm
Can someone please explain if this is normal?

My problem is this:

On channel 1 I have music playing and on channel 2 there is nothing.

when i press the cue button for channel 2 i can hear some noise coming from the music playing on channel 1.

I would imagine if there is nothing playing on channel 2 and i press the cue button for channel 2 i would hear silence. Instead i get this distorted sound coming from channel 1.

anyone have this same problem or an idea what it could be?
PhenRoyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhenRoyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2012 at 9:47pm
in what position is your cue/addmix knob ??
absolutjm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absolutjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2013 at 10:03pm
Hello!! I just bought a zone 92 and im having this exact same problem... I don't know if its normal or what but its driving me crazy!
Does anyone found a solution or can advice me what to do??? Should I change the mxier for a new one???

Thanks!!!!
PhenRoyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhenRoyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 12:49am
well I bet that you dont know how mixr works. In CUE area on the mixer you have LEVEL knob and CUE ADD MIX knob. When you have CUE ADD MIC knob all the way to the right you will hear all the channels in headphones to allow you to MIX in headphones. Move that know all the way to the left (CUE) position and you will not hear anything. Just music from channel you're cueing
absolutjm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absolutjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 1:28am
Hey PhenRoyer! I know how mixer works that is not the problem. Of course I know about the cue/mix knob and I know how it works. I tried everything and I still have the problem. I think you didn't read well. We are getting a distortion sound that comes from whatever is going out in the master, even when the cue/mix knob is all the way to the cue.
I was thinking it could be something related to the ground of the mixer, but I tried different power cables and different power plugs but the problem continues.
To be more clear when I press to hear the cue and the level indicator on the top shows the level of the cue, although there is nothing coming in, the lights go up to -20, -15, -10 sometimes because of the distortion.
It is really annoying and I am going to send my mixer back so I get a new one.

PhenRoyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhenRoyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2013 at 11:19pm
short video always helps ;-)
Did you get it sorted ??
absolutjm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absolutjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 4:13am
No, I didn't get it sorted yet. I am waiting for A&H to contact me to replace it. The seller contact A&H and did everything for me, but still Im not sure on sending it back or a refund, I'll wait to hear what they have to say from A&H....

I will do a video later tonight and post it here so you can see what it is!

PhenRoyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhenRoyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 4:44pm
xone92 is great mixer. You wont fine better mixer for this price. Don't get refund. You will defo get new unit within few days. It sometimes happens, when companies make thousand of units some of them are faulty. Just don't give up and don't get replacement. When you get new one and start playing you will fall in love with this thing.
PhenRoyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhenRoyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 4:45pm
PS - Don't put video on you tube. Upload it to zippy-share and put link to download on here.
vipzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vipzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2013 at 2:21pm
Finally! I have the EXACT same thing and googled everywhere for it.
I got my :92 last friday and I love it! I use every channel and every knob :)

What happens is that if you cue a silent channel and music is playing on another channel you hear sound leaking, but only on the peaks. Which makes a nice farting distorted sound. I'm also worried that something is screwed. The mixer is brand new.

I found that the distortion sound goes away if you lower the channel gain up to a point where the meters only barely touch +3. I was under the impression that they should should be set to just touch +6 on the peaks...

Should we just lower the channel gains? Or get it swapped...
Phylo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phylo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2013 at 12:51pm
I'm having the same issue with my Xone 92 :(

Sent the first unit back to the retailer I bought from and they confirmed the fault and sent a replacement. The second unit I received also had the same problem.

Currently waiting on my second replacement arriving and hoping it will be third time lucky!

I previously owned an older sliver version and it never had any issues with the cue/gain.

I'm using Traktor Scratch (which runs quite 'hot') and can't turn the gain up past quarter to three on any channel without the distorted 'farting' noise appearing in a silent cue channel.

With the gain set as this level the channel levels barely peak at around 0. I had been told they should peak at +6 also.

Surely this is a manufacturing issue?

Will post back when my replacement arrives...
PhenRoyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhenRoyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2013 at 7:57pm
I'm beginning to understand policy of this company about delivery and sending faulty unit back to supplier :)
Phylo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phylo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2013 at 10:44am
Okay so I received my second replacement unit today and have just finished testing it...

...and unfortunately it too has the same issue as the others. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement and it's hard to believe. I can only assume this mixer is part of a 'bad batch' and that this problem only affects a small percentage of all the Xone 92s that are produced.

However since I have now had three mixers all exhibit the same fault I'm afraid I'm going to have to look at an alternative brand. I think it's fair to say I've given this a chance but these quality issues are simply not acceptable especially with a mixer at this price point and one that is regarded as the industry standard next to alternatives from Pioneer and, Rane etc.

So my mixer is being returned to the retailer for the last time and then I'm sorry to say it's the also the last time I'll ever buy anything from Allen & Heath again. It's a real shame that this otherwise excellent product is being let down by poor manufacturing standards and quality control issues.

I hope anyone else experiencing this issue has better luck than I did trying to get it resolved. If a anyone from Allen & Heath is reading this and wants to get in touch please feel free as I'd like to hear your explanation for this. However, like I said, I simply won't be wasting anymore time or money on a clearly inferior product.

Rant over :)

absolutjm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absolutjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2013 at 7:56pm
Hey Phylo,

I have contacted A&H via the retailer were I bought my mixer. Apparently this was a "small bad batch" and A&H has recalled all of these mixers back.
I talked with America Music & Sound which I believe is the distributor for A&H here in North America.

I sent back my mixer last week, today it was supposed to arrive new mixers directly from A&H with the problem solved. They told me they were going to do test quality controls on the mixer and I will have my new mixer by Monday-Tusday next week. This was a known problem which happened to more people too, this is why I am getting 2 day air shipping for the replacement.

As you said, I was very disappointed too, since it is supposed to be a great mixer with great quality which would last for years.

I would've change brand like you but I am in love with the 4band eq and the filters of the xone!

If you want I can give you the info for America Music & Sound and you can send your mixer back and have a new one with no problem supposedly since they are going to test them before send them out.

I talked with a representative over there which was aware of the problem, and was really helpful.
These guys are the ones who take care of A&H warranty.

If anything let me know,

Keep it up!!!
absolutjm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absolutjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2013 at 8:14pm
**The mixers were supposed to arrive yesterday not today...
Phylo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phylo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2013 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by absolutjm absolutjm wrote:

Hey Phylo,

I have contacted A&H via the retailer were I bought my mixer. Apparently this was a "small bad batch" and A&H has recalled all of these mixers back.
I talked with America Music & Sound which I believe is the distributor for A&H here in North America.

I sent back my mixer last week, today it was supposed to arrive new mixers directly from A&H with the problem solved. They told me they were going to do test quality controls on the mixer and I will have my new mixer by Monday-Tusday next week. This was a known problem which happened to more people too, this is why I am getting 2 day air shipping for the replacement.

As you said, I was very disappointed too, since it is supposed to be a great mixer with great quality which would last for years.

I would've change brand like you but I am in love with the 4band eq and the filters of the xone!

If you want I can give you the info for America Music & Sound and you can send your mixer back and have a new one with no problem supposedly since they are going to test them before send them out.

I talked with a representative over there which was aware of the problem, and was really helpful.
These guys are the ones who take care of A&H warranty.

If anything let me know,

Keep it up!!!

Hi Absolutjm,

Thanks for the reply and the info on your retailer etc.

Unfortunately I'm based in the UK so have to go through the retailer I bought it off over here. They don't seem to be aware of any issues with batches of mixers and all they do is test the returned mixer to confirm the fault and then send me out a replacement.

I had asked them if they would test the replacement before they send it out but they said this was not possible (which I find hard to believe). Therefore it's just pot luck as to wether or not the replacement is faulty or not!

As this is now my third mixer with the same fault I can only conclude that all of their stock must be affected. Add to this the hassle of returning it and being without a mixer yet again and it's a pretty disheartening experience.

The fact that Allen & Heath are aware of this 'bad batch' is also worrying. I mean, recall aside, you'd think their quality control wouldn't allow these type of faults to go undetected.

I agree with you about the four band eq and the gorgeous filters – they are the real selling point of this mixer. I will miss these if I switch to another brand but I'd rather have reliability and build quality any day.

Hope you're replacement works out for you and you have better than I did!!
dj sFm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj sFm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2013 at 1:40am
the line is bleeding through. I've seen it happen on many mixers. I've seen it resolve itself on some and others not, and therefore required servicing.
absolutjm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absolutjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2013 at 6:10am
I have a brand new Xone 92 which works perfectly now!
Im really happy this wasn't a pain in the ass to resolve...

Phylo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phylo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2013 at 11:43am
Not such a happy ending for me I'm afraid.

Sent back my third defective mixer back and asked the retailer to contact Allen & Heath for me to sort this issue out. I Even sent the retailer a link to this forum thread to show it was a known issue.

The retailer attempted to contact Allen & Heath numerous times and received no response. After waiting almost a month they then advised me it would be best if i just accepted a full refund.

If anyone from Allen & Heath would have had the common decency to respond and offer a solution at the time I would have been happy to hear it. The only conclusion I can draw form this is that they simply don't care about customer support.

After this experience I can safely say I will never buy another Allen & Heath product again.
dj sFm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj sFm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2013 at 7:05pm
That is really unfortunate to hear. I believe if Allen &Heath want to retain customer satisfaction, they would call you personally.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic