Xone Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Products » Xone:DB2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSound quality

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sound quality
    Posted: 03 October 2013 at 11:51am
Could it be that that the db2 sounds better than the db4?

Locotek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Locotek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2013 at 10:33pm
No the soundcard in the db4 is superior so that is impossible.
Reha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2013 at 7:20am
How does the sound card compare to the DB4? Is there any audible difference? Has anyone seen a review /comparison from a sound ingenieers' perspective of these two units?
Xedor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xedor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2014 at 11:50am
It would be very helpful if someone answered this one... is there difference between sound cards in DB2 and DB4? If so... what are the differences ?!

Brg, X
Xedor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xedor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2014 at 3:23pm
This looks like it's also mystery to A&H representatives... or what ??! :)
GregAHXone View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregAHXone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2014 at 3:43pm
DB4: 16-channel USB2.0, 96kHz/24bit
DB2: 16-channel USB2.0, 48kHz/24bit
Xedor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xedor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2014 at 12:25pm
Thank you!
Reha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2014 at 1:24pm
Hi there, thanks for getting back to us. We have already pointed out the different specs of both units. The question was more around the sound quality and whether there is an audible difference or not. Thanks again.
ravishing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ravishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2014 at 6:57pm
Why is the DB2 set at a lower resolution? 48kHz is High res but having 96kHz is obviously better, it also helps with reducing latency. In Traktor, the DB2 is 15ms delay at best with the minimum number of samples. Is it possible that the sound card is the same for both Db2 and DB4 but firmware disables the DB2 reach 96kHz? Can this be updated via firmware?
Apogenic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apogenic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2014 at 8:20pm
I was thinking exactly the same. I bet limitation is only by firmware.
Where is Traktor Certification?
Warren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2014 at 11:37pm
I second that ...I have a Xone K2 and it has 96k audio. I find the sound a little low on the output compared to other mixers.
S7YX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S7YX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2014 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Warren Warren wrote:

I second that ...I have a Xone K2 and it has 96k audio. I find the sound a little low on the output compared to other mixers.

96k audio on the K2? I'm pretty sure its 48 on 16bit, so that makes:

DB4: 16-channel USB2.0, 96kHz/24bit
DB2: 16-channel USB2.0, 48kHz/24bit
K2: 16-channel USB2.0, 48kHz/16bit

Warren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2014 at 12:57pm
S7YX
    Oops! Looking at wrong sound card...I stand corrected ...yes 48k. On that note did you see the latency numbers?
One for the record the new Traktor S8 has 48k as well...same sound card?
S7YX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S7YX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2014 at 9:55am
I very much doubt it's the same soundcard, but who know what suppliers A&H and NI share or not.

What about the latency numbers?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic