Xone Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home ¬Ľ Products ¬Ľ Xone:92
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWorth getting the Xone 92 with silver plate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djchristian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worth getting the Xone 92 with silver plate
    Posted: 26†February†2014 at 8:14pm
I've read they are quite old. Haven't been manufactured since 2006 is that right? Found one for £690 second hand. Is it worth it? New ones costs about £1106 in Sweden.

Thanks!
S7YX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S7YX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03†March†2014 at 9:14am
I just bought a second hand one silver, UK edition for 700 euro's. I had it brought to a official service point for some cleaning, but it works like an absolute charm.

These things are built like a tank. Obviously when buying second hand: do a full test first. Things I look for:
- Functionality of all buttons (so including the returns section and filters)
- All outputs (better bring XLR/1/4"/jack cables)
- Noise on output/headphone

If you have an honest buyer, you should be able to get some time to test this. And, bring your own gear!
S7YX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S7YX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03†March†2014 at 9:15am
Btw: if you have the serial number, customer support can find the manufacturing date for you. Mine was from 2005 :)
PhenRoyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhenRoyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03†March†2014 at 1:18pm
I personally bought brand new. I was considering 2nd hand in silver but after some debate with friends and a bit of thinking I decided to go for new unit. There is a different in build quality and sound of filters but very hard to notice ... New is New and you have warranty... Silver was stopped in 2006 and if you buy such old mixer there can be many things to change. Faders, x fader etc ..
djchristian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djchristian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03†March†2014 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by PhenRoyer PhenRoyer wrote:

I personally bought brand new. I was considering 2nd hand in silver but after some debate with friends and a bit of thinking I decided to go for new unit. There is a different in build quality and sound of filters but very hard to notice ... New is New and you have warranty... Silver was stopped in 2006 and if you buy such old mixer there can be many things to change. Faders, x fader etc ..

Yea i was thinking the same thing so that's why i sold it again for a bit less then i bought it for. Kinda strange you say the silver one stopped being manufactured in 2006. The one i bought was Silver and built in China.

I am going to buy a new one instead despite some critics saying the new one has some quality flaws.
PhenRoyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhenRoyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09†March†2014 at 12:32pm
Well face plate isn't so hard to replace you know :) A&H start making gray storm edition on 10th anniversary and then they moved they production line to China so if you have silver with "made in china" at the back that means someone put silver face plate on it :) Bast thing to do is check your serial number. If the serial number has X in it that means it was made in China if Y then it was made in UK... To make sure email A&H they will tell you exactly where your mixer was made...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic