Xone Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Products » Xone:S2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedXone s2 Hisss problem!?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benleon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xone s2 Hisss problem!?
    Posted: 21May2014 at 4:52pm
I figured this would be the right forum to put my question about our Xone s2.

We've have mixer for a few years now, it isn't used intensively though.
A few month's ago we heard a hiss in the soundsystem.
After checking every component It appeared to be the mixer..
(I would've suspected anything but the mixer to be the source).

Next

I disconnected all the cables (except for the power supply), turned down the master and channel volume all the way. Then took my headphones and started testing at what point or section the hiss comes through.
By turning up the headphone volume, it comes in gradually but at 0db it's very prominent.
Then playing around with the channels and cue selection the hiss modifies, adds up. by pressing cue buttons I even noticed a tick.

Who knows what's wrong with our Xone?
We've been very happy with the sound and build untill this hiss spoiled the fun.

Thanks, Ben
AH_Support View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Product Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AH_Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23May2014 at 1:09pm
Hi benleon

Originally posted by benleon benleon wrote:

By turning up the headphone volume, it comes in gradually but at 0db it's very prominent.
Then playing around with the channels and cue selection the hiss modifies, adds up. by pressing cue buttons I even noticed a tick.

If you've owned and been using the mixer for some time and
have noticed a change in the way it sounds since first use, it's possible the symptom's due to some component fault (like a blown resistor or capacitor) as this type of thing can induce extra noise.
If that is what's happened the issue can usually be easily fixed with a quick service.
If the unit is in warranty, contact your retail supplier for service advice.
If not, use the following link to contact our official distributor in your country for local service assistance:
A&H Official Distributor - Netherlands

One thing you might want to double-check before making service arrangements is that input gains aren't over-adjusted as this can amplify the mixer's inherent noise floor to a point that's audible at program audio level and reduces the dynamic range of the mixer.
If you're unsure about this aspect of the mixer's setup, have a quick look at our knowledgebase article HERE to be sure you can rule gain settings out as possible cause.

Something else you should also check is RIAA (PHONO) input connections:
- if you don't use turntables, make sure the PHONO SHORTING PLUGS are connected to the unused PHONO sockets. These help to limit effects of inherent noise when nothing's plugged in to the inputs.
- if you do have turntables connected, make sure you don't have the PHONO SHORTING PLUGS connected to any other sockets on the rear panel; these plugs aren't socket 'covers', so if the PHONO inputs are used, remove the plugs completely as putting them into any other unused sockets 'for safe keeping' can also induce noise.

Hope this helps?
Allen & Heath Product Support
http://www.allen-heath.com/support/
Please use the link above to contact the product support team
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic