Xone Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Products » Xone:92
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJULY 2014: OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) V3.2.2 Driver

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OmnilimbO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30August2014 at 11:49pm
@AH_support
I most definitely have all of the latest drivers and firmware installed, following the instructions to the letter.
Needs a fix.
scottfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08September2014 at 3:04pm
I was told they are working on Yosemite drivers, but honestly I think we have been abandoned.

The mixer is going on 3 years old now with no firmware updates in almost 2 years and new products have come out.

Might be time to give up as A&H management doesn't want to provide an explanation for the delay or whether there will be any new enhancements or notl.

Sad a company of this nature has left it's users in the dust.

Scott Frost
steven pesga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven pesga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15September2014 at 12:38am
In db2 two days each, more than eight hours a day working with traktor and only a small stop, also correct recording,

I had no drivers installed above, mavericks usb 3.0

I always disconnect internet in the sessions, to prevent background jobs.

He also had 2 connected to mac through usb pioneer CDJ900 and two xone k2 the mixer.
Rozman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rozman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24September2014 at 2:38pm
Ticket: #OQL-493-24994
Hi there,

I have had my db4 only two days and have had a pretty bad experience to date. Hoping you can help :)
I have 20+years DJ/Producing/Gear knowledge and i know how to use this nice piece of kit if it helps you out.
All software is up to date fresh from your website and installed. I am running tractor 2.6.8 on a late 13 rmbp 15" 16gb 512gb ssd.

Unable to use the 96khz sampling frequency at all, on either of the two drivers, as the audio quickly rises to a distorted bit crushed hell and crashes the system if allowed to play out.

All seems to work ok at sampling rates up to 48khz, although this is only after several attempts to open traktor as it fails to open leaving just the icon bouncing on the toolbar. Traktor is very slow to open if and when it eventually does. There are also some audio pops and glitches but not anything like when running at 96khz
I have had a number of black screens were the screen has switched off for a period of time on the MBP.
The unit is not always recognised requiring a reboot, also does not appear as a midi device in audio/midi settings.
Midi functionality is also non existent using the .tsi files on the downloads page.

I have tried other pro usb cables and know this is not an issue.
The above noted issues are both with the db4 plugged directly into the mbp and through a usb3 hub, all results are the same.
Not very impressed with the drivers at all, and equally disappointed to read that my ticket has a priority of low even before it has been read.
Get your act together A&H...this is your Astin Martin of mixers...supposedly

King regards
Rory
Oct13.RetinaMBP15".2.6ghz.Quadcore i7,16gb,512gb SSD. Mavericks 10.9.4. Cubase/Traktor 2.6.8/Maschine2.1.2. S4/X1/Audio8. MaschineMk1. UniversalAudio ApolloTwin. A&H DB4...
Rozman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rozman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26September2014 at 1:54pm
Hi Everyone.....Help needed please

Does anyone else have similar issues? In the past maybe?

Has the 3.2.2 driver introduced the issues or have they never worked a s promised?

Trying hard to find a reason not to get a refund on my DB4

thanks
Rory

Oct13.RetinaMBP15".2.6ghz.Quadcore i7,16gb,512gb SSD. Mavericks 10.9.4. Cubase/Traktor 2.6.8/Maschine2.1.2. S4/X1/Audio8. MaschineMk1. UniversalAudio ApolloTwin. A&H DB4...
Rozman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rozman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26September2014 at 1:56pm
response from helpdesk....

Dear Rory
Thanks for the message, although we're sorry to hear you've encountered a few issues and hop the following may help to resolve matters;
>Unable to use the 96khz sampling frequency at all, on either of the two drivers, as the audio quickly rises to a distorted bit crushed hell and crashes the system if allowed to play out.
>...All seems to work ok at sampling rates up to 48khz...
If you're running the current (v3.2.2) OS X device drivers, I believe the symptoms relate to a known bug in this release.
- the xone development team are currently investigating this with a view to publishing a maintenence update in the near future. In the interim, please refer to the v3.2.2 driver release notes for information and note, if you experience this issue, that we suggest running at 44.1kHz or 48kHz settings.

The other symptoms you have reported suggests the v1.2.0 Audio Firmware updater may not have been run following driver installation, so I can advise running this update as a first step to try resolving symptoms relating to Traktor's start-up, slow response of the application and enumeration or other 'connectivity' issues.

Please check or re-try the v1.2.0 Audio Firmware update as follows:

Check you're using the latest (v3.2.2) software bundle downloaded from the Allen&Heath Xone website
1. Ensure the mixer is disconnected from the Mac host.
2. Install the Driver. This will require a restart.
3. Once your Mac has restarted, open up the Audio Firmware Updater. It may appear minimised in the Dock. Ensure that you have no other applications open.
‘Device not detected’ should appear.
4. Plug in USB, and switch ON your Xone Device.
‘Current firmware version is …’ should appear.
5. Click on ‘write firmware’.
While the firmware update is taking place, DO NOT switch off or unplug your Xone device.
6. After the progress bar has completed, wait until it says
‘unplug the device now’.
7. Soon after unplugging your device, it’ll then say
‘plug in the device again…’.
8. Once you have done this, wait until it says
‘Update to version successful’. Unplug the device now.
9. Press Exit on the Audio Firmware Updater
10. Plug your device back in, the update is now complete.

>both with the db4 plugged directly into the mbp and through a usb3 hub,
you might try connecting a USB2.0 hub between the Mac and DB4 as a troubleshooting step.
- known issues with connectivity - addressed in v3.2.2 - relate to Apple's implementation of the USB3.0 protocol. As such, I don't think using a USB3.0 hub would affect any change in behavior, although we do have some confirmed reports of users noting improvements if a USB2.0 hub is used instead
NOTE: reports precede v3.2.2 release, however, so please ensure you check the audio firmware update as your first and preferred solution in this context.

If you continue to encounter the same issue after a successful audio firmware update, and believe this relates to some software conflict, please forward a copy of the System Profile from your Mac, in .spx file format.
Please create the archive while the DB4 unit is connected to the Mac viua USB and powered on (please make the connection even if you don't see the hardware listed in device options
- we can then forward these details to our software developers for further investigation.
Alternatively, since it is possible that some minor hardware fault might also account for problems with establishing and maintaining stable connection.

Rozman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rozman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26September2014 at 1:57pm
my response
Thanks for your reply, although i am very surprised at the lack of assistance you have offered me considering i have just spent 2000euros on your flagship mixer.
The fact that you have closed this ticket without any resolution of my issues, knowing fine well that your software is fundamentally flawed, shows a distinct disregard for your customers. Shameful.
As i mentioned in my first request for assistance, i am an experienced user and understand how to read instructions on how to install drivers for a sound card. I have done everything you suggested which only mirrors the advice given on your website, all before considering raising a ticket, as you ask you customers to do.
to confirm: the driver is up to date, as is the audio firmware. The hardware firmware has also been updated

- "you might try connecting a USB2.0 hub between the Mac and DB4 as a troubleshooting step."
I will look forward to receiving a usb2.0 hub from you in the post, i think it is a discrace you are suggesting i pay for another piece of kit just to get yours to work.
- "known issues with connectivity - addressed in v3.2.2 - relate to Apple's implementation of the USB3.0 protocol."
The issues have obviously not been addressed if i need to reboot my system a number of times before it is recognised. Read the forums....i am not alone. Blaming Apple is futile, developers have ample access to the OSX before each release.

Now i have had a few days of frustration with this machine i can confirm the following issues i have.

>>Traktor fails to open with the DB4 connected, leaving the icon bouncing on the toolbar. Traktor opens instantly when i remove the DB4 usb cable from the computer! It will work if i reinsert the usb cable quickly, that is not to say perfectly as it will run for a while and then crash my system.
>>As mentioned before, running at 96khz induces distortion and crashes.
>>Even when running at 44.1khz as you suggest there are still audible pops and spikes every once and a while.
>>DB4 is not seen a midi device at any configuration.
>>The unit will crash the driver when creating an aggregate device... how can this be used as part of a DAW as advertised without this function is ridiculous.

For your information, i have a flawless audio system currently running three different sound cards at once without a single issue, only the introduction of the DB4 to the system creates issues simply unknown to a unit at this price point.
I have bought the DB4 with the intention of using it as the house mixer at a club night i organise....no way would i use this unit live using the internal sound card.
The unit operates perfectly as a standalone mixer, adding decks/cdj's without issue....The mixer is not marketed as purely a standalone mixer.... and that is why i bought it. Allen&Heath promised me a 24bit/96khz plug and play mixer, i currently have neither.
I have attached the system profile .spx file you requested.
Please reply and give me some assistance, if only to have at least a stable system at half frequency promised.
If this is not possible i guess returning this unit for a refund is my only choice, this unit has no hardware fault, it is purely down to the substandard drivers supplied with it as you will i'm sure privately agree with.

Your time will be appreciated
Rory
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic