Xone Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Products » Xone:4D
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew 4D user here, greetings!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsutek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New 4D user here, greetings!
    Posted: 27 September 2014 at 4:16pm
Hello everyone,
just bought a used 4D. I have been lusting for a 4D for a bit over a year before I finally stumbled onto a good deal via a friend :) Will be pimping it with an innofader pro and some chroma caps in the future. So far I find the 4D to be a really delicate mixer to operate, at least compared to an NI Z2 I had before this one.. But the blends one can do with the 4D sound really sweet (when done right) ;)

Now then, I'd like to ask all you regulars a bit of help for getting into grips with the 4D as swiftly as possible. I have read the manual a few times, so the basics I've got already, but I have some more detailed questions that I haven't found the answer to just yet:

1. How do I check the Midi mode and the active MIDI channel? The manual doesn't make the processes crystal clear, having trouble with them..
2. What is the MIDI input on the 4D for? Can you control a 4D remotely via MIDI? Initially I thought that the filters and crossfader could be controller remotely via MIDI, but looking again into the MIDI chart seems to indicate that such things are not supported..
3. How do the digital inputs and outputs work? Do they only work when tethered to a computer via USB? Tried hooking up the optical digi out into my UA apollo twin optical input, but no sound comes through (and to clarify, not connecting the 4D to a computer yet as I plan to use the mixer mostly standalone, hell standalone use is why I bought it!)
4. Is there some good resources online for getting in-depth info about the 4D? I want to know everything there is to know about this unit!

Cheers
tsutek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsutek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2014 at 4:54pm
One more thing: I just noticed that the filter sections sound quite noisy in my unit.. Is this normal? If so, can the filter be modded? It's quite noticeable..
AH_Support View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Product Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AH_Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2014 at 5:05pm
Hi Tuomas

Please see details sent in to same questions raised in your recent Support Ticket (our REF: ZOC-613-45232).
If you have any outstanding issues or questions, please let us know by reply on your ticket thread.

Hope this helps?
Allen & Heath Product Support
http://www.allen-heath.com/support/
Please use the link above to contact the product support team
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic